Production Machine Operator/Repair
Chicago IL US 60652
Job Description :
Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of production equipment to produce a quality product. Maximizes up time, run rate and yields of equipment by monitoring operation and making adjustments as required. Assists in the maintenance and repair of production equipment. Meets department standards for safety, quality, production and continuous improvement.
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of Machine Operator II as required.
- Recognizes product defects and makes adjustments or repairs to equipment to make corrections.
- Performs general preventative maintenance on equipment
- Initiates troubleshooting on mechanical problems; diagnoses the problem and makes required repairs. If unsuccessful in making repairs, notifies supervisor and/or maintenance for assistance.
- Assists in the repair and maintenance of production equipment.
- Assists in change-over and conversion of production equipment.
- Operates forklift, man lift and other powered industrial vehicles as required.
- Orders parts required to make repairs from central stores.
- Uses basic machine tools to make basic parts.
- Assists lower level operators in solving quality and production problems.
- Assists in training lower level operators.
*Will perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
- High School diploma or equivalent required; trade school or associates degree in industrial maintenance preferred.
- Three years experience operating similar equipment in packaging or paper conversion.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- Good PC skills including familiarity with computerized maintenance systems.
- Able to read blue prints, use precision measuring devices, hand tools and basic machine tools.
Job Type :
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)